WELCOME TO THE ANNUNCIATION OF THE LORD
We wish to extend a warm welcome to all guests of Annunciation of the Lord Parish. We are delighted that you have come to worship with us, and we very much hope that you feel at home here. Please introduce yourself to Father Tom after Mass.
Holy Week Schedule
Palm Sunday - March 25th - Mass at 8:30 am & 10:30 am - Faith Formation please attend the 10:30am Mass
Holy Thursday - March 29th - Mass of the Lord's Supper at 7:00 pm
Good Friday - March 30th - Traditional Stations of the Cross at 3 pm & Celebration of the Lord's Passion - 7:00 pm
Easter Vigil - March 31st at 7:00 pm
Easter Sunday - Mass at 8:30 am & 10:30 am
Easter Memorial Flowers
The beautiful spring flowers that adorn our altar are a special part of the celebration of Easter. We invite all parishioners to share in the experience through a memorial gift by using the Easter Memorial envelopes found at the doors of the Church or donate online. https://annunciationtaunton.weshareonline.org/
Parish Annual Appeal
So far our annual appeal is about 60% less than previous years totals, but I’m confident these final weeks with just 2 weeks will us get to our goal for this important donation drive. I encourage all families to please prayerfully consider an annual donation to help your church. It has become a necessary part of our parish operations over the last few years and your contributions have made a tremendous impact on parish improvements. Some times it is difficult to envision how one pledge can make any real difference, but one sacrifice combined with hundreds of others can reach many. Last year we were able to fix the front façade of our Church and also install the new large boiler. Extra letters can be found at the entrances of the church. Thank you for your generosity.
The parish offers online giving with several options. We encourage all parishioners to use this fast, easy and safe alternative to weekly envelopes. If you would like to learn more about this easy, safe and secure way of giving, please contact the parish office or check out our website at https://annunciationtaunton.weshareonline.org/
ANNUNCIATION OF THE LORD
31 First Street, Taunton, MA 02780
TO CONTACT US:
Parish Rectory and Office
311 Somerset Avenue, Taunton, MA 02780
TO CONTACT OUR PARISH SCHOOL:
Our Lady of Lourdes School
52 First Street, Taunton, MA 02780
The Diocese of Fall River
SATURDAY Vigil at 4:00 pm
SUNDAY at 8:30 am & 10:30 am
Tuesday - Friday at 8:00 am
OLOL BINGO THURSDAY NIGHTS!
Come and join us on Thursday nights at Our Lady of Lourdes School, 52 First Street, Taunton. Bingo begin at 6:30PM. We have sandwiches, chips, pastry, coffee, soda and water. We also have pizza for $1.50 per slice. Our BINGO is looking for some volunteers on Thursdays. Bingo ends by 9:30. Volunteer once a week or once a month. Any hours you can help would be greatly appreciated.
Just a reminder about of our cancellation policy for parish events. Weekend Masses are never cancelled, but weekday masses are cancelled whenever Taunton Public Schools cancels. This policy also includes parish events. Please be safe !
Directions to Annunciation of the Lord Church
Readings for the Week of March 18, 2018
- Sunday: Jer 31:31-34 / Ps 51:3-4, 12-13, 14-15 [12a] / Heb 5:7-9 / Jn 12:20-33
- Sunday: Scrutiny: Ez 37:12-14 / Ps 130:1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8  / Rom 8:8-11 / Jn 11:1-45 or 11:3-7, 17, 20-27, 33b-45
- Monday: 2 Sm 7:4-5a, 12-14a, 16 / Ps 89:2-3, 4-5, 27, 29  / Rom 4:13, 16-18, 22 / Mt 1:16, 18-21, 24a or Lk 2:41-51a
- Tuesday: Nm 21:4-9 / Ps 102:2-3, 16-18, 19-21  / Jn 8:21-30 or 2 Kgs 4:18b-21, 32-37 / Ps 17:1, 6-7, 8b and 15 [15b] / Jn 11:1-45
- Wednesday: Dn 3:14-20, 91-92, 95 / Dn 3: 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 [52b] / Jn 8:31-42 or 2 Kgs 4:18b-21, 32-37 / Ps 17:1, 6-7, 8b and 15 [15b] / Jn 11:1-45
- Thursday: Gn 17:3-9 / Ps 105:4-5, 6-7, 8-9 [8a] / Jn 8:51-59 or 2 Kgs 4:18b-21, 32-37 / Ps 17:1, 6-7, 8b and 15 [15b] / Jn 11:1-45
- Friday: Jer 20:10-13 / Ps 18:2-3a, 3bc-4, 5-6, 7 [cf. 7] / Jn 10:31-42 or 2 Kgs 4:18b-21, 32-37 / Ps 17:1, 6-7, 8b and 15 [15b] / Jn 11:1-45
- Saturday: Ez 37:21-28 / Jer 31:10, 11-12abcd, 13 [cf. 10d] / Jn 11:45-56 or 2 Kgs 4:18b-21, 32-37 / Ps 17:1, 6-7, 8b and 15 [15b] / Jn 11:1-45
- Next Sunday: Mk 11:1-10 or Jn 12:12-16 / Is 50:4-7 / Ps 22:8-9, 17-18, 19-20, 23-24 [2a] / Phil 2:6-11 / Mk 14:1—15:47 or 15:1-39