WELCOME TO THE ANNUNCIATION OF THE LORD
We wish to extend a warm welcome to all guests of Annunciation of the Lord Parish. We are delighted that you have come to worship with us, and we very much hope that you feel at home here.
Please introduce yourself to Father Tom after Mass.
HOLY THURSDAY: April 18th
Morning Prayer/ Liturgy of the Hours 8:00 AM
Mass of the Lord’s Supper @7:00PM
Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament 8:00PM-10:00PM
Portuguese Holy Hour following the service
GOOD FRIDAY: April 19th
Morning Prayer/Liturgy of the Hours 8:00AM
Stations of The Cross at 3PM
Celebration of the Lord’s Passion With Veneration of the Cross and Holy Communion Service @ 7:00PM
HOLY SATURDAY: April 20th
Easter Vigil Morning Prayer/Liturgy of the Hours 8:00AM
Easter Vigil Mass of Christ’s [email protected]:00PM
EASTER SUNDAY Masses: April 21st
Celebration of the Resurrection of The Lord Masses at: 8:30AM & 10:30AM
FR. THOMAS COSTA
Officially moved into the new rectory on 282 Somerset Avenue, just steps to the front door of the church!!
ANNUNCIATION OF THE LORD
31 First Street, Taunton, MA 02780
TO CONTACT US:
Parish Rectory and Office
282 Somerset Avenue, Taunton, MA 02780
E-mail: [email protected]
TO CONTACT OUR PARISH SCHOOL:
Our Lady of Lourdes School
52 First Street, Taunton, MA 02780
E-mail: [email protected]
Diocese of Fall River
SATURDAY Vigil at 4:00 pm
SUNDAY at 8:30 am & 10:30 am
Tuesday - Friday at 8:00 am
The Church is Handicap accessible. The Elevator is located at the side entrance of the Church. The front pew in Church is also handicap accessible. Restrooms are also located in the lower side entrance.
April Intentions in Memory of Robert Mendes
OLOL BINGO THURSDAY NIGHTS!
NO BINGO ON APRIL 18TH - HOLY WEEK
Come and join us on Thursday nights at Our Lady of Lourdes School, 52 First Street, Taunton. Bingo begin at 6:30PM. We have sandwiches, chips, pastry, coffee, soda and water. We also have pizza for $1.50 per slice. Our BINGO is looking for some volunteers on Thursdays. Bingo ends by 9:30. Volunteer once a week or once a month. Any hours you can help would be greatly appreciated.
FAITH FORMATION NEWS
Please keep our Students in Your Prayers
First Communion: Sunday, May 5, 2019
Confirmation: Sunday, May 19, 2019 2:00 PM @Cathedral in Fall River
TAUNTON COLLABORATIVE STRATEGIC PLANNING OUTLINE
The Catholic Community of Taunton Strategic Planning Outline for the parishes of: St. Jude the Apostle - St. Andrew the Apostle - St. Anthony - St. Mary - Annunciation of The Lord
The Taunton meeting of Catholic Churches will meet on Wednesday April 3rd. The new location is St. Anthony's in Taunton, MA- everyone is welcome and encouraged to contribute. The meeting begins at 6PM. You do not have to be on a committee to attend. Hopefully if enough parishioners attend we can send a positive message to the Diocese.
The Dates of the Planning Process.
The dates of the meetings for the ministerial teams are as follows.
The location of all the meetings except the first are to be announced at a latter day.
- Wednesday, April 3, 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM: Five Parish Kick-Off. Location at St. Anthony in Taunton.
- Wednesday, April 24, 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM.
- Wednesday, May 15 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM. Optional meeting for ministerial team.
- Wednesday, June 5, 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM.
- Wednesday, June 26 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM.
Ministerial Teams may have additional meetings on their own, at times and locations of their own choosing.
In preparation for the "Kick-off" meeting, dream about what these fives parishes could do together in various aspects of Parish life that they could not do individually.
The parish offers online giving with several options. We encourage all parishioners to use this fast, easy and safe alternative to weekly envelopes. If you would like to learn more about this easy, safe and secure way of giving, please contact the parish office or check out our website at https://annunciationtaunton.weshareonline.org/
Readings for the week of April 14, 2019
- Sunday: Lk 19:28-40 (37) / Is 50:4-7 / Ps 22:8-9, 17-18, 19-20, 23-24 [2a] / Phil 2:6-11 / Lk 22:14--23:56 or 23:1-49
- Monday: Is 42:1-7 / Ps 27:1, 2, 3, 13-14 [1a] / Jn 12:1-11
- Tuesday: Is 49:1-6 / Ps 71:1-2, 3-4a, 5ab-6ab, 15 and 17 [cf. 15ab] / Jn 13:21-33, 36-38
- Wednesday: Is 50:4-9a / Ps 69:8-10, 21-22, 31 and 33-34 [14c] / Mt 26:14-25
- Thursday: Chrism Mass: Is 61:1-3a, 6a, 8b-9 / Ps 89:21-22, 25 and 27  / Rv 1:5-8 / Lk 4:16-21
- s Supper: Ex 12:1-8, 11-14 / Ps 116:12-13, 15-16bc, 17-18 [cf. 1 Cor 10:16] / 1 Cor 11:23-26 / Jn 13:1-15
- Friday: Is 52:13--53:12 / Ps 31:2, 6, 12-13, 15-16, 17, 25 [Lk 23:46] / Heb 4:14-16; 5:7-9 / Jn 18:1--19:42
- Saturday: Vigil: Gn 1:1--2:2 or 1:1, 26-31a / Ps 104:1-2, 5-6, 10, 12, 13-14, 24, 35  or Ps 33:4-5, 6-7, 12-13, 20-22 [5b] / Gn 22:1-18 or 22:1-2, 9a, 10-13, 15-18 / Ps 16:5, 8, 9-10, 11  / Ex 14:15--15:1 / Ex 15:1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 17-18 [1b] / Is 54:5-14 / Ps 30:2, 4, 5-6, 11-12, 13 [2a] / Is 55:1-11 / Is 12:2-3, 4, 5-6  / Bar 3:9-15, 32--4:4 / Ps 19:8, 9, 10, 11 [Jn 6:68c] / Ez 36:16-17a, 18-28 / Ps 42:3, 5; 43:3, 4 [42:2] or Is 12:2-3, 4bcd, 5-6  or Ps 51:12-13, 14-15, 18-19 [12a] / Rom 6:3-11 / Ps 118:1-2, 16-17, 22-23 / Lk 24:1-12
- Next Sunday: Acts 10:34a, 37-43 / Ps 118:1-2, 16-17, 22-23  / Col 3:1-4 or 1 Cor 5:6b-8 / Jn 20:1-9 or Lk 24:1-12 or Lk 24:13-35